Saturday, February 18, 2012

Speculoos Filled Snickerdoodles


If you haven't heard of Speculoos you are missing out. We've talked about it a few times here on the blog but if you haven't tried it you're in luck. Trader Joe's now sells their own version of this delicious spread but they call it "Cookie Spread." When we made snickerdoodles previously we spread the speculoos on top and it was delicious. I got to thinking the other day, why not fill the cookies with speculoos?

I used our snickerdoodle recipe to make the dough.Then, I made each cookie by taking two pieces of dough (about a tablespoon each) and creating disks out of them. I put a teaspoon (but I'd put more next time) worth of the spread on one of the disks and put the other disk on top and pinched the edges together to seal. The dough can get a little bit difficult to work with so feel free to wet your hands every so often to help make it more manageable


Finally, I rolled the dough in the cinnamon sugar mixture and placed them on the cookie sheet.


Since these guys were a little bit bigger than the snickerdoodles we made last time, I baked them for about 12 minutes at 400 degrees. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment