Sunday, March 4, 2012

Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles


After making the healthy date truffles I was in the mood for some chocolate. I had found a similar healthy truffle recipe with chocolate peanut butter so I thought I'd give it a try. They're easy to make and pretty good. They are similar to how I would imagine chocolate peanut butter flavored oatmeal would taste.

Ingredients
1 cup of oats (I used oat bran)
1/2 cup of all natural peanut butter
generous 1/2 cup honey
3 little packets of sweetener (stevia, truvia, etc.)
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder


Directions

First, pour the oats into the processor and mix. Then, add the rest of the ingredients and process until it becomes a doughy consistency.


Roll dough into whatever size balls you'd like. You can stop here and eat OR if you're like me and don't think it's quite chocolaty enough you can melt some chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle the chocolate on top.


You can eat these suckers right away or put them in the fridge to harden the chocolate and the dough a bit.



Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment