Monday, April 23, 2012

Chocolate Cranberry Quinoa Bars

I randomly found this recipe and thought it sounded really interesting so I thought I'd give it a try. They remind me a little bit of oatmeal with brown sugar, cranberries and chocolate chips. I will definitely make them again.


Ingredients
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (cooled)
1 cup oat bran (you can sub for another kind of flour)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup ground flax
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup almond milk (you can sub with a regular or soy milk)
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup dried cranberries (I used a little bit extra chocolate chips and cranberries)


Mix the quinoa, oat bran, brown sugar, flax and cinnamon in a large bowl.


In a small bowl, mix together the vanilla, milk and egg.


Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix well.


Stir in the chocolate chips and dried cranberries.


Pour batter in an 8 x 8 lightly greased pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.


Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked them! I brought one to have as a mid-morning snack today :) They are a good change from normal granola bars every once and a while.

    ReplyDelete