Sunday, June 5, 2016

Healthy Cookie Dough Balls



I always crave sweets, so I am constantly looking out for healthier dessert ideas. I stumbled on this recipe. While the dough balls don't look very pretty, they're actually really good and easy to make. When we have them around, I can't stop eating them. 

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups raw cashews (I'm allergic so I use roasted, unsalted)
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons brown rice syrup
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract

Directions

Place the cashews and oats together in a food processor and blend on high for about a minute, or until they are finely ground (like flour). 

Pour the flour into a mixing bowl and add the maple syrup, brown rice syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.

Roll into 10 or 12 equal balls and enjoy!

Any leftovers should be stored the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-5 days.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment