Saturday, August 27, 2011

Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies


I love desserts of all, shapes, size, color and taste. However, my favorite dessert in the whole world is probably the simple chocolate chip cookies. As much as i love them, I hardly ever make them from scratch. Maybe because they're so delicious at places like Paradise Bakery and they're so easy using break and bake. Or, maybe it's the fact I can down way more cookies than I'd like anyone to know in one sitting. But after seeing this recipe I decided to give into my "desires" and bake a batch.


Ingredients
2 cups and 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
between 1 1/2 and 2 cups  chocolate chips


Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.


Mix the melted butter, white sugar and brown sugar in another medium-large sized bowl.


Add in the egg and egg yolk and mix again.


Mix in the vanilla extract.


Slowly mix in the flour mixture.


Stir in the chocolate chips. In case you haven't read some of the other recipes with chocolate on this blog, I have the firm belief that everything is better with more chocolate. The recipe I was using said to use 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips, but I used just about 2 cups. However, it means that my cooking times will be different so I make sure to watch over the cookies every few minutes while they're in the oven to make sure they're baked the appropriate length of time.


Finally, you're going to take a little less than 1/2 a cups worth of dough and ball it up.


Next, you'll split the ball in half, putting the flat side facing up (making two cookies from every one ball).


Once you've filled up the cookie sheet, pop it in the oven at 325 degrees from anywhere between 10-14 minutes. Make sure to watch them the last few minutes of baking to make sure they aren't overbaked. Depending on your preference of soft vs. hard cookies, you'll want to take the cookies out accordingly. Keep in mind, they still bake a little after taking them out so I would take them out when they look almost done but still soft. If you like harder cookies you may wait until the cookies are browning. 




  Click on the icon to like this page on stumbleupon!

1 comment:

  1. These cookies are out of this world delicious. Thank you Becca. Say hi to Michael for me and tell him to be safe during the hurricane!

    ReplyDelete