Saturday, May 12, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Oat Cookies


I recently saw this healthy whole wheat peanut butter choc-oat cookies recipe and thought I'd give it a try, but with some modifications. I was pretty happy with how they turned out, for being healthy cookies. Try them out and let me know what you think!

Ingredients
1/2 cup coconut oil (can use butter instead)
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla (I used a little bit more than 1/4 teaspoon and added about 10 drops of vanilla stevia)
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cup oat bran (or any other flour substitute)
3/4 cup old fashioned oats
about 1 cup chocolate chips (I used mini dark chocolate chunks)



Blend the coconut oil, peanut butter, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat in the egg.


Slowly add in the salt, baking soda, and oat bran.


Next, stir in the old fashioned oats.


Fold in the chocolate chips.


Form dough into patties and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees until the bottom of the cookies become lightly browned. It will vary depending on the size you make them, but I baked mine for about 6 minutes.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment