Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Chocolate Pecan Truffles


Michael and I had a wonderful vacation this past weekend. We met up in Boston and had a great time site-seeing, eating, and relaxing. After I got back last night I felt like knocking something off my list of recipes to try. This recipe stood out because I had all of the ingredients besides shredded coconut (which is not very popular in the house). I left the coconut out, but feel free to add it if you're a fan. I really liked how they turned out. The truffles rolled in the cocoa powder were very chocolaty and delicious. If you're looking for a decadent but healthy treat, I recommend giving these a try. 

Ingredients
12 dates (remove the seeds)
a little less than 1 cup of pecans (can use any other type of nut)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon cinnamon


Throw all of the ingredients in a food processor (or blender) and blend for about a minute.


Put the dough in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.


Prepare two different bowls (or one if you only want to make one kind). One should have a tablespoon or two of cocoa powder and the other one should have a couple of tablespoons of finely chopped pecans (or nut of your choice). Form dough into balls (whatever size you'd prefer) and roll it in one or both of the bowls). 


They're ready to eat! If you're not eating them right away they're kept best in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment