Saturday, December 7, 2013

Apple Pie


A few weeks ago I wanted to test out a pie crust recipe so I could be sure the pies I baked for Thanksgiving would turn out well. I found this recipe for apple pie and it was so delicious that I will definitely be making it again.

Ingredients
2 unbaked pie crusts (click here for a great pie crust recipe)
1/2 cup unsalted butter (or margarine)
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
7 to 8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced

Directions
Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.


Place the bottom crust in your pan.


Fill the crust with the apples. Dust the apples with cinnamon.


Cover with a lattice work crust.



Pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. I used a large spoon and poured slowly so it would not spill off the sides. Bake the pie at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Then, reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes.



Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment