Monday, October 3, 2016

Baked Falafel


I recently found this recipe for baked falafel. I never realized making falafel didn't have to be complicated. In actuality, this recipe is super easy and overall very healthy. It turned out even better than I had hoped. We will definitely be making this recipe again in the future. Next time I will serve it with some turmeric rice, in addition to the hummus and tomato/feta salad I served it with tonight.

Ingredients
1 onion (I used a little more than a half an onion, but I'm not a huge onion fan)
3 cups of cooked chickpeas (I used 2 cans)
1 cup fresh parsley
1 cup fresh cilantro
2 large or 3 smaller garlic cloves
1 tablespoon cumin
2 tablespoons of flour (I used ground up oats)
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt to taste

Preheat your oven to 480 degrees.

In a food processor, blend the onion until it's chopped.


Add the chicpeas, parsley, cilantro, garlic, and cumin. Blend until the ingredients are well mixed but before they are pureed. 

Add the flour, olive oil and salt and process until well mixed. 

Form patties with your hands to the size of your liking and place onto foil or parchment paper that has been oiled with Pam or olive oil. Once all patties are on the baking sheet, spray or brush them with Pam or olive oil to ensure they will crisp in the oven.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment