Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pumpkin Cranberry Oatmeal

The past few weeks, my ideal Saturday brunch consists of an iced coffee latte and a generous bowl of oatmeal. I had some canned pumpkin leftover from another recipe so I decided to throw some fall flavors into my oatmeal. I really enjoyed the outcome.



I mixed 3/4 cup of quick oats with about 1 cup of almond milk (feel free to use soy or regular), and about 2 teaspoons of pumpkin puree. I popped it into the microwave for a minute and 45 seconds.


After taking it out of the microwave, I added about 1 1/2 teaspoons of brown sugar (may add more next time because I looove brown sugar), a few pinches of pumpkin pie spice, and a few tablespoons of dried cranberries. It was a deliciously wonderful way to start a Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment