Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pumpkin Protein Pancakes


I am always looking for some healthy and interesting recipes, so when my lovely aunt told me about this recipe I couldn't wait to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised how something so healthy and low in calories (300 per batch) could be so delicious. I ate them with almond butter and sugar free syrup and also tried them with some pumpkin butter. I will definitely keep this recipe in mind next time I'm craving some pancakes!


Ingredients
1/2 cup pumpkin
1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
30 grams protein powder (1 scoop if you use the biggest loser protein powder)
1/2 cup egg whites
cinnamon, nutmeg, & stevia to taste


Combine ingredients. I used a lot of cinnamon and skipped on the nutmeg because I'm not a huge fan of nutmeg. I also didn't have any stevia so I used truvia, but basically you can use any kind of sweetener. I also doubled the recipe, making it about 4 servings instead of 2.



Once combined, cook the pancakes in a frying pan as though you would normally for pancakes.


Enjoy!

PS - Thanks for the recipe Aunt Karen!

No comments:

Post a Comment