Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Homemade Chex Mix

If you're still in school and/or you like to munch on a snack while you work this is the perfect recipe! My mom used to make this for me and my brothers a lot when we were younger. Once I started college I would need this at least once a semester to help me get through midterms/finals. The best part is it's so much easier and cheaper than buying chex mix (I personally think it tastes better too!)


Ingredients
6 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
3 cups Corn Chex cereal
3 cups Rice Chex cereal
3 cups Wheat Chex cereal
2 cups mixed nuts (or 1 cup mixed nuts 1/2 cup pretzels, 1/2 cups bagel chips or any combination of the 3)


In a large bowl melt the butter. Then add the Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. 


Next, add the 3 types of chex cereal. Stir until cereal is coated with liquid mixture. Add the nuts and mix some more.


Microwave on high for a total of 6 minutes, stopping it every 2 minutes to stir it around. Finally, spread it out on a cookie sheet to cool/dry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment