Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Upside Down Open Faced Tuna Melt

I had heard of the idea of using laughing cow cheese for a tuna melt and Michael has used Greek yogurt instead of mayo to make a tuna salad so I thought the combination might be interesting. It was so easy and really good; the perfect snack or light meal. Next time I may experiment using cottage cheese either combined with the Greek yogurt or instead of the Greek yogurt because I've been very curious about that combination as well.


Ingredients
Greek Yogurt (I kept adding the yogurt until it created a consistency and taste with the tuna that I liked)
Tuna
Edamame
Light Laughing Cow Cheese
Slice of whole wheat bread


All I did was combine the tuna, yogurt & edamame, spread some laughing cow cheese on the bread and spread the tuna mixture on top.  I also microwaved the sandwich before eating, but if you like your sandwiches toasted you probably want to toast the bread before spreading the cheese on top.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment