Sunday, July 22, 2012

Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies


I am always eager to think of new cookie ideas outside of the typical chocolate chip, sugar, oatmeal raisin, etc. My brother and I were talking about the possibility of a chocolate chip pecan cookie. I found a recipe used by a former caterer who raved about how delicious these cookies were. I gave her recipe a try and they turned out really really well. I normally love cookies best right after they come out of the oven, still gooey and warm, but I have to say I think these are best once cooled completely.

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans (I used a little bit less than a cup)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used 1 1/4 cup but I tend to always add extra chocolate)
1/2 cup Crisco shortening 
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla


In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the pecans and chocolate chips and set bowl aside.


In a large bowl, combine the shortening, butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla.


Pour the bowl of dry ingredients in and mix well.


Refrigerate dough for a half hour.


Form dough into golf ball sized clumps and split in half. Place each half on the cookie sheet with the flat end face up. Make sure the half spheres of dough are spaced out as they will expand in the oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.


Enjoy!

1 comment: