Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Healthy Peach Crumble


During a weekly trip to Costco I saw cases of peaches. Immediately, I had the urge to buy a case and bake with them. I started brainstorming ideas of what I could make when I thought of a crumble. I knew with some modifications of a typical crumble recipe I could make a healthy and easy dessert. The end result - delicious! I will definitely be experimenting more with this recipe. I would like to try it with apples next time. With apples and cinnamon it'd be a great fall recipe.


Ingredients
2 1/2 - 3 1/2 peeled peaches (enough to completely cover an 8x8 baking dish)
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup oat flour
2  to 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Directions
Line the baking dish with the peaches (feel free to layer)


In a bowl, stir together the oat bran, oatmeal, brown sugar, coconut oil, and cinnamon. Next, add the pecans.


Sprinkle the mixture over the peaches. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes on 400 degrees.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment