Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sephardic Charoset


Charoset may possibly be one of my favorite Passover dishes. It's a dish that I always look forward to but never really eat the rest of the year. We both decided we wanted to make Sephardic charoset, which traditionally uses more dried fruits than Ashkenazi Charoset.  I liked this recipe so much I think I may make it sometime as a healthy snack, outside of Passover.

Ingredients
1/2 cup dates, pitted and cut in half
1/2 cup dried apricots, cut in half
1 apple, unpeeled, cored and diced
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/2 cup chopped pecans (can use walnuts)
about 2 tablespoons red wine (optional)


Blend dates, apricots, apple, cinnamon, and allspice in a food processor until chopped.


Add pecans and pulse until mixture is blended, but not pureed.


Pour in a bowl, add wine (optional), and refrigerate for at least an hour. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment